Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Misc LR questions

visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
I seem to be getting these wrong the most are these misc logic indicator questions or just random questions? Any tips for these?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Why not give us a few examples—sometimes "Misc" questions are categorized differently by different people (for instance, I recently came across a Q that was Misc on 7sage and ID the Role according to Mike Kim [aka Argument Part]).
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'm talking about the Misc Category from 7Sage for example PT 40 S1 Q10, Q15. I see now that I can just figure out the type myself. Like Q10 is something like an Identify the Disagreement type.
    7965 karma
    Yup—my master spreadsheet lists it as a PaI/ID the Disagreement.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    That spreadsheet is everything @nicole.hopkins :)
    7965 karma
    D'awwwww ... @emli1000
  • Jsohn001Jsohn001 Member
    70 karma
    Does anyone know why it varies from person to person? Some practice tests I've noticed quite a few miscellaneous questions popping up. Also, on some of the tests, I'll get all of them right and on other PT's, I'll miss quite a few. Is there a proper way of sorting these question types out in greater detail? I think how it's categorized as "Misc." is too broad for me to expand my understanding. Any help would be awesome! @nicole.hopkins
    7965 karma
    @Jsohn001 said:
    Is there a proper way of sorting these question types out in greater detail?
    I find they're often subsets of other question types. So we'd need to talk about specific questions. Often I'll categorize a Q in one way and find that 7sage lists it as "Misc." Well, it's good not to get too bogged down in question sub-types and whatnot. But I learned my LR categorization from the LSAT Trainer. So, I guess I would recommend picking up a copy of the Trainer. But more than anything, you just want to see what the "ask" of the stem is and obey it. That's what we always do for LR.
  • Jsohn001Jsohn001 Member
    70 karma
    I see. I'm on my 2nd read of the Trainer. Thanks for your help!