Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have my LSAT flex in 2 weeks. Any tips on how to give myself the best shot of getting a 170+

jbromerojbromero Member
in General 31 karma

Hi everyone!

I have my LSAT Flex in 2 weeks, and I have taken lots of practice tests. My last two scores have been a 170 and a 169, in that order. With that said, my 169 was because I missed 8 questions all from reading comp, which rarely happens for me. Anyone have any tips on how to get myself ready from here on out to get a 170+? I plan to take only two more practice tests because I do not want to stress myself out much before the test. Thanks :)

Comments

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

I am in this exact same boat. Consistently at a 169ish. I just want to break through to a 170 . For me, it's LR that's the issue. I recently had a PT that was -0 LG, -0 RC, -7 LR. I wish I had some advice for you. That said, I think you're smart to relax. The biggest score jump I ever had was immediately after a 2 month break. Go figure.

• jbromerojbromero Member
    31 karma

@lilpingling said:
    I am in this exact same boat. Consistently at a 169ish. I just want to break through to a 170 . For me, it's LR that's the issue. I recently had a PT that was -0 LG, -0 RC, -7 LR. I wish I had some advice for you. That said, I think you're smart to relax. The biggest score jump I ever had was immediately after a 2 month break. Go figure.

Wow. You seem like the opposite of me haha. -0 LG, -0 LR, -8 RC (best RC I have done in -2). How are you approaching these next few weeks?

31 karma

@jbromero said:

@lilpingling said:

Wow. You seem like the opposite of me haha. -0 LG, -0 LR, -8 RC (best RC I have done in -2). How are you approaching these next few weeks?

Opposite as in LR v. RC!

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

@jbromero I am just drilling logic games every day and drilling with full LR and full RC and I plan on taking 3 full PT. One on each Saturday and one on Tues/Weds before the test. There aren't many things I can do in 2 weeks that will help more than getting rest and practicing actual test taking elements. At this point, I think test skills are the most likely to impact my score.

31 karma

That is some great dedication. I realized I was going too hard on practice tests to where stepping away from them benefitted me the most. I plan to only take 2-3 more PTs. I will take one tomorrow, then another next Monday. I am debating whether to take another that Wednesday before the test, but I think it might be more hurtful than helpful, if I don't knock it out of the park. I have been reviewing a list of the hardest logic games I found online. Other than that, I have just been doing some light RC practice and reviewing indicators, flaws, etc.

31 karma

@jbromero said:
    That is some great dedication. I realized I was going too hard on practice tests to where stepping away from them benefitted me the most. I plan to only take 2-3 more PTs. I will take one tomorrow, then another next Monday. I am debating whether to take another that Wednesday before the test, but I think it might be more hurtful than helpful, if I don't knock it out of the park. I have been reviewing a list of the hardest logic games I found online. Other than that, I have just been doing some light RC practice and reviewing indicators, flaws, etc.

@lilpingling

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    edited February 2021 1488 karma

My tutor has a podcast, on it he has best practices for the week before the exam. Here it is if you want to take a listen (it's only 30 minutes). https://soundcloud.com/lsathabits/episode-5-the-week-before-the-exam
    But yeah, basically trust that you've put the work in and then do everything in your power to be calm, focused, rested and healthy for test day.