Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Tests

blueyayfreeblueyayfree Alum Member
in General 164 karma
I started out my prep with the LSAT Trainer, and have done two timed prep tests (one diagnostic and one after a few weeks of study). I just signed up for the 7Sage course, and I am wondering if anyone has any advice on whether I should focus on finishing the 7Sage course entirely before taking any more PTs?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Yes, you should focus on the 7sage course and any other supplemental material like the Trainer or Cambridge drilling packets. I'm assuming you are aiming for Oct or Dec. Once you have thoroughly gone through the 7sage curriculum and maybe some drilling, ease your way into PT'ing.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Finish the course—we'll start doing earlier tests in the Blind Review groups (currently Saturday/Monday) after the June test :)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes, finish the course first before getting started on taking PTs.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Finish the course - better to have the tools as a foundation. Then hone applying them on PTs!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Just being nosey, but how many PrepTests do most people take prior to sitting? Any recommendations (other than the obvious "all of them")?
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" i think by all them, people mean all of them. If not, I would say as many as you possibly can. 2-4 a week depending on your rate of study.
    7965 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" I'd say focus on 36-74, given that 1-35 are used for drilling. Of course, you can take those too, but for those of us who work full time, I believe that number (30+) of tests—assuming you are retaking some and BR'ing ALL exhaustively—is sufficient. 4 a week is unwise: no one (except for people who don't work or have to prepare meals or do laundry or ... sleep, see other human beings, etc.) can properly take and BR that many tests in a week. I'd just really be wary of doing things halfway and/or inviting burnout on that kind of schedule.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" at least 15+
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" It depends on what you want. I consistently have heard from 170 plus scorers that they took over 30 pts. Perhaps some got by with less. But Most of the 170 scorers I met have done around 30
    7965 karma
    @"Quick Silver" said:
    It depends on what you want. I consistently have heard from 170 plus scorers that they took over 30 pts. Perhaps some got by with less.
    Heartily agree with @"Quick Silver" ; at least 30 individual tests, with many of them re-taken depending on the length of your prep (especially if you're prepping for more than 6 months, you will likely end up running out of PT's and will still find retakes to be beneficial). There's a reason we tend to reserve the newest tests for the final stretch—primarily to determine whether we're truly ready (by taking a test we haven't seen before in any way).