ProctorU Room Check - camera?

Hello,

I plan on using my Macbook to take the exam. I understand the proctor generally checks your desk area - I'm not sure if he or she checks your laptop...? Do you use your own laptop to show your room?

I've read and saw a youtube video where they mention you can use your phone camera for the proctor to check your room. If I am using my laptop and use the phone so they can approve my laptop, I imagine I need ProctorU on my phone as well?

Sorry for the weird question, this came up in my head as I'm setting up my test area!

Previous FLEX takers, how did the proctor check your room?!

Comments

• Hi, you don't have to have ProctorU on your phone. The proctor will ask you to use your Macbook camer to check your room and your desk area, then he or she will ask you to use a mirror or the selfie mode on your phone to check your laptop.

• For the HordeFor the Horde Member
    19 karma

@"selina.deng.0121" said:
    Hi, you don't have to have ProctorU on your phone. The proctor will ask you to use your Macbook camer to check your room and your desk area, then he or she will ask you to use a mirror or the selfie mode on your phone to check your laptop.

This...makes a lot of sense. I'm appalled I made an assumption to use live camera on my phone T.T RIP

Thank you @selina.deng.0121, I appreciate your response and time. Hope you have a great weekend!