Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT flex monitor

standingdeskguystandingdeskguy Yearly Member
in General 26 karma

Hi Sagers!

Curious if anyone has used a computer monitor during their LSAT flex? Does anyone know if this is allowed?
Thanks!

Comments

• jpjpjparkjpjpjpark Core Member
    16 karma

I used a laptop connected to a monitor for my test this February. I was able to use my monitor, but I had to put my laptop completely behind the monitor. The proctor initially tried to get me to switch to only laptop, which was a little stressful since I was so used to using a monitor.

If you have a stickler proctor, you might have to push back a bit.

• standingdeskguystandingdeskguy Yearly Member
    26 karma

did you have a video camera on your monitor? It's my understanding that they'll be watching you on video. If I put the laptop behind the monitor they won't be able to see me. Thanks for the help!

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@standingdeskguy said:
    did you have a video camera on your monitor? It's my understanding that they'll be watching you on video. If I put the laptop behind the monitor they won't be able to see me. Thanks for the help!

You can buy a webcam for under $100 online. Depending on your investment in LSAT prep so far that may or may not make sense for you. I did like @jpjpjpark

I am a slow reader, so I wanted the text to be at eye-level to reduce any possible disadvantage. I also practice tested extensively and de-activated the laptop monitor, microphone, and webcam functions. That way, there's no possible delay or suspicion that I was using two monitors.

• sgriffgorsgriffgor Member
    98 karma

@standingdeskguy How did this go? Has anyone else recently taken the LSAT with a laptop + monitor? I do not have a webcam at the moment. I was under the impression that I could turn off the display on my laptop, keep it off to the side, and use my monitor to take the test while the laptop handled the video and audio recording. To be honest, I actually think this is better for testing security since they can see you a lot more clearly, but that's just my 2 cents.

Will I be OK for the test?

help