Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overcoming a Plateau

7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
in General 932 karma
How many preptests and reviews did it take for you to overcome your first major plateau? I have increased an average of 12 points from my first cold test thanks to 7sage. I have been stuck in the high 150's and low 160's for 9-10 PrepTests. What is usually recommended in order to make the next step?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would say that everyone is different. A lot of drilling/BR is required. But the higher your score the harder it takes to get another +10 points. But in due time it will happen :) just continue working hard!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 said:
    I have been stuck in the high 150's and low 160's for 9-10 PrepTests. What is usually recommended in order to make the next step?
    At that score range, you still have more to learn (fundamentals and applications thereof). Once you get above the 165 range you have likely learned all or almost all of the material, at which point it's a question of habits, speed, and mastery.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Second what @nicole.hopkins said, per use. I think this is when a lot of people either 1) go back over existing material and see if that review fills any gaps in logic or 2) seek out other prep material for the same purpose. You definitely still have some fundamentals to cover so I would highly recommend option 1 and 2.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    me and @blah170blah

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    OMG I FEEL SO HONORED <3