Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Operating Software for LSAT-Flex?

Hey all! Random technical question. My (pretty old) Macbook Air is on El Capitan 10.11.6, but the Proctor U website says the minimum is "MacOS 10.13 (Oldest Still Maintained Version)." Should I be concerned? My computer is definitely still functioning, not quite sure what they mean by oldest still maintained version.

Anyone have experience taking it on an operating system like mine?

Thanks!

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

hello,
    you can go on the proctorU website and test your equipment to see if it is still supported.

• secondbestbedsecondbestbed Member
    12 karma

@kkole444 said:
    hello,
    you can go on the proctorU website and test your equipment to see if it is still supported.

Thank you! Unfortunately, it seems as if you need an account to test your system and for some reason, when I sign up for an account through LSAC I get the error message: "Law School Admission Council (LSAC): This Institution does not permit creating a ProctorU account. Please navigate to your course Learning Management System for scheduling and rescheduling ProctorU reservations."

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    edited March 2021 1687 karma

@secondbestbed try this link I tested it out without signing in. Maybe it knows that I have an account but I feel like I remember testing my equipment out before I had an account with ProctorU.
    https://go.proctoru.com/testitout
    Also if you have a problem with equipment you can connect to a representative and they will 'scan' or something your computer to help you figure out what you need to do, they will also run through the process of the system check you will do on test day, however, sometimes it takes a little bit of time for a representative to run a system check and go through the process.

• secondbestbedsecondbestbed Member
    12 karma

@kkole444 Thank you!! You're a lifesaver--saved me from (at least this version of) constant ambient stress for the next few weeks