Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to "test equipment" with ProctorU

Destiny_LBDestiny_LB Alum Member

Trying to test my equipment in advance of the April LSAT and every time I refresh the system metrics page I just end up on the same page. I tested my equipment without issue in advance of the Feb exam and then on test day ProctorU couldn't access my camera. After two hours with their support I ended up having to reschedule.

I have a brand new laptop, am using Chrome, have cleared my cache, checked permissions, everything appears to be fine. I literally have no idea what the problem is. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar frustrations and if so, were you able to fix the issue(s)?

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated as I'm honestly at a loss with this damn thing.

Thanks, all.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

hello, do you have the ProctorU extension on chrome downloaded?

• Destiny_LBDestiny_LB Alum Member
    130 karma

@kkole444 this is gonna sound so stupid but I had it in Feb and now it's gone. When I initially set up my account ProctorU prompted me to download it. Do you know if we can access it through the Chrome web store?

130 karma

NV...found the extension. Trying it now, fingers crossed....

1687 karma

https://go.proctoru.com/testitout
    you should be able to go here and let the system run its check and once it stops or completes the test it will prompt you to download the extension if you do not have it. You can also go to proctorU website and I believe they have a link that'll allow you to download the extension or you can go directly off the google chrome store(last time I checked).

130 karma

@kkole444 yeah, it didn't work. tried removing and adding the extension, no luck.

1687 karma

I would click on the help tab on the bottom right of the screen and ask the representative to help.

130 karma

@kkole444 thank you so much for your help & suggestions. I just got done with their tech support and they told me I should use another laptop. That my camera is working fine and they can't access because of security which is apparently a thing on some newer laptops. I'm at a loss, I'm so frustrated. I can't be the only person taking this test who has a new laptop, lol

1687 karma

you're welcome. I'm sorry to hear that. did they have you do stuff with the browser? like allowing it to access your mic screen and camera?

130 karma

yeah, we did all that. I've gone through my app permissions, settings, you name it. They were like "log in 15 minutes b4 your exam to see if your proctor can troubleshoot." Ummm..... on test day?! Aren't you tech support?!

I'll place a call to LSAC to let them know but this is insane. I just want to take the damn test and be done with it