Trouble w/ LR Qs 1-10, can't get into mindset right away - any advice?

For me, doing LR questions 1-10 always feel significantly harder than doing the later LR questions, even though I know they're supposed to be easier. I find myself spending a disproportionate amount of time on the earlier questions. This happens on EVERY preptest. I think I'm having trouble getting into the "LR mindset" right away and thinking too much/questioning myself too much during Qs 1-10. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? Any advice on how to get into the LR mindset quickly?

Comments

• lsat2021-1lsat2021-1 Core Member
    246 karma

Hi I struggle with this too and have found doing a bunch of questions as warm up before the test to help. I have also started approaching the first 10 questions differently, I go in with a more attacking mindset now and force myself to not dwell too much on the answers.

• 424 karma

I also struggle with this, but I think the previous comment is good advice - the first 10 or so are often particularly vulnerable to anticipation, whereas the later ones may be harder to anticipate, so on top of warming up, thinking about the questions from a more active point of view maybe be of use. If you anticipate an answer, then see it in the choices, it’s hard to second guess yourself!

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello, I would recommend doing a couple easy LR questions before you start an exam, and go through the basics no need to do them timed just run though them casually just to get a feel.

• 476 karma

Yes, I second the previous posts. Warm ups are really good to get you in the mindset before the test.