Final prep - use newer tests for drills?

Julia LJulia L Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 354 karma
I've been PT-ing the 60s, and just did PT 70. The style of LR is definitely different than the older ones, and can be a bit rattling. I do lots of drilling during my regular practice (both question types and full sections). Do you suggest focusing on drilling from the newer tests (I do not mean the newest 10 or so, that I am reserving for PTs)? If so, what constitutes as "new"? 50s, 60s? I've burned through PTs up until the mid-60s, but I definitely see the value in re-doing old PTs for drilling. I have been using the 30s and 40s for drills, but thinking maybe I should focus on the newer ones, to get used to the style of the new PTs, even if I took them more recently.

What do you suggest? That was primarily regarding LR, but if you have suggestions for LG and RC, would be great. I just asked about LR because that is my major battle.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    anything about 50 (but realistically 35+) I use for either full PTs or timed sections, but I base my decisions off when I last took that PT and my position within prep b4 test (I'm retaking so have taken most PTs by now)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would use older PTs for drills and save those PTs that are 50+ for timed PTs.
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    354 karma
    @emli1000 well i've already taken the 50s PTs, so i'm just wondering if i should use them for drilling purposes instead of the earlier ones, to become more "fluent" with the newer tests? i could be overthinking this :)
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I've been using newer tests thats I've taken to drill. I saw my scores dip a little with the newer tests so I've been going through the LR and RC sections again. I won't have time to finish all the 50's before June so I'm using those for drilling as well.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Well use the ones you've taken already to drill.. Save any PT that's in the 50s+ that you haven't touched to take when you get started on PTs. Again, it doesn't matter to retake PTs. But you want to keep those untouched PTs to when you get closer to your LSAT date.