Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CTRL F for Reading Comprehension?

Briana 170Briana 170 Core Member

Random question, I was told by an LSAT tutor that you can use control F on the actual LSAT in reading comprehension to help find a phrase or word. Is that true?

Comments

• st_cupertinost_cupertino Member
    177 karma

Yes, this is true! I took the flex in October and November and it was allowed both times. I have also heard from a few others this year who confirmed it for 2021.

• Briana 170Briana 170 Core Member
    70 karma

@st_cupertino
    Thank you for responding! Very interesting choice on the part of LSAC! Do you feel like it helped at all?

• a.gianino7a.gianino7 Member
    86 karma

@mosub24 some good news!

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

CTRL F is honestly pretty helpful for me. I used it on the August flex and I currently continue to use it.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

Hey ya'll!

Fair warning when using the find function - I thought it was a lifesaver at first, but I soon realized it can be a double edged sword.

Sometimes using it made me spend more time than I had to because I inevitably looked back and started rereading things I already knew. I've seen it even cause students to miss answers because they will take a single word out of context without relating it back to how it connects with the passage.

Personally I use the find function as a last resort and only if I'm not pressed for time.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@Christopherr Agreed. They've adapted a lot of questions and passages (when they switched from paper to digital) so that a Cmd+F would be unreliable and possibly even detrimental depending on your understanding of a passage...

Proceed with caution.

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

I agree with these disclaimers! PLEASE proceed with caution on the control F usage. It is my last resort too when I want to confirm a word.

• raqraqraq7raqraqraq7 Member
    56 karma

I asked LSAC, still permitted for June test.

• robertplafkerrobertplafker Member
    11 karma

It's allowed, but I had trouble seeing the highlighted 'searched' words because my passage highlighting was the same color. Just be careful on that one.