Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used 7sage to restudy for an LSAT after a long pause in studying?

JoshuaEAJoshuaEA Member
in General 14 karma

Hey everyone. I'm gearing up to begin studying for my second LSAT and this time around I'm planning on using 7sage. Last summer I took a TestMasters Course, but after speaking to others I believe that 7sage will be a much better resource. I have two concerns about this switch though. One, I'm worried that I might be wasting a lost of time retouching on core curriculum. I certainly need a refresher on the content, but I don't know how much time is worth relearning strategies when I could be PT'ing. Second, I'm unsure of which practice tests I took in the past, and if it's worth retaking them. Let me know if you have any input or similar experiences.

Comments

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    edited April 2021 1384 karma

Yes, me! Lol. I started 5 years ago... stopped... and re-started in November 2019.

The core curriculum is your rock. Better to make sure no cracks were left that might have still been there from TestMasters, but it depends on how much you got out of it that's stuck. Did these lessons translate into the scores you were aiming for on the PTs you did take? If you're making a switch, it kinda sounds like they weren't. Also, doing the CC on 7Sage could mean your pacing is different than someone who's looking at the CC material with fresh eyes.

I also took an in-person course from another company (Strategy Prep, I think?), b/c I won it in a lottery haha, but I definitely felt the breadth and depth covered in 7Sage's CC, not to mention the community and forum that you can engage in here makes it a non-parallel learning experience. I personally zeroed-out the CC and didn't move on to PTs until then.

Of course, it also depends on when you're trying to sit for the actual exam and how much time you've got each day to focus on studying. But generally, I'd say you can't go wrong with making sure your foundation doesn't have ANY lingering cracks whether due to insufficient exposure, depth, understanding, or the diminishing effects of time. These cracks tend to show up in subtle ways later, after you've solidified a certain approach. At that point, it makes them more challenging, but not impossible, to address.

Last summer's not that long ago... but it sounds like since you can't remember which PTs you took, there's no real way to avoid them or know whether to use them strictly as practice until a question "clicks" and you can recall you've taken it before. But all's not lost even if this is the case--trust me, I've missed a number of questions again and again, and it's the value you pick up from reviewing those misses that counts more than anything. So re-takes are still extremely useful and valuable.

That being said, I'd say be frugal with the PTs you're taking, b/c there's really nothing like the first take!

• salsaaaaaaasalsaaaaaaa Member
    33 karma

I'm literally doing the same thing right now. Started studying again after initially studying in 2018. I would go through the core curriculum again. I took a prep course previously with another company and noticed that I have developed some very bad study habits along the way. I didn't realize why my scores weren't improving until I started taking this course. I just started but it has been such a good resource so far to keep me in check and accountable. I think its worth it to see if there are any ways to change the way you study and prep!