Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flex Curve

laneward6laneward6 Member
in General 46 karma

I take the June LSAT-Flex and have been studying but not seeing a ton of improvements. I am aiming for at least a 156 on my first LSAT. Im kind of confused on whether or not there is a curve still in place for the flex exam. For example, I scored a 148 on the November 2019 preptest doing the flex format. I scored -37 which would have given me a score of 155 on the score conversion chart that 7sage provides if it was the traditional four section format. Is there a curve for the flex exams in place or would I have scored a 148 if it would have been a flex originally.

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

If I understand you correctly, you took the Nov. 2019 exam as a flex-3 section exam and scored a 148 (-37) but when you go to the 7sage conversion chart where is lists all the exams and relative score ranges you saw that a -37 was a 155. The best indicator of how you will do on the actual exam is just the average of your 3 most recent exams and -/+3 of that average is where you are going to score typically. You cannot just take the raw number of wrong from the flex and convert that to the traditional 4 section exam. Like a -37 on a 4 section test with 100 Qs is different that -37 on a 75Q exam. If you go to the 7sage flex predictor you can put in how many wrong for LR, LG and RC, and if you took all four sections you can select that you took all four sections or you can put in one section and score it then put in the other LR section and score to see where you would have lined up if you got one section over the other section.

• laneward6laneward6 Member
    46 karma

Yea the flex predictor is the same score that 7sage gives me as soon as I finish the exam. I guess I will not worry about the curve and just try to get the best score possible. Not seeing much improvement. My last three tests have been 148,149,148 but I did start at a 143.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

If you take the exam as a flex, the predictor is not going to to change because when 7sage gives you the score its just using the predictor behinds the scenes.
    As for your scores, I would recommend going back over the CC in the areas that are giving you the most trouble. With scores in the 40s and 50s there are some fundamentals things that haven't been picked up on yet, but you are more than capable of getting there. Also I would spend some time figuring out where your weaknesses are and drilling those and under standing the fundamentals before I would take anymore exams. Take time and fool proof more games, slow down and break down the LR problems for premise, conclusion, context, and go through why the answer choices are wrong and why the one is correct. For LR go drill the premise, and conclusion flash cards, the valid arguments, and also drill the 4 group translation words, those are huge facets the people neglect but play a huge role in the LSAT, because Almost every single LSAT question will use one or all of those, whether that be in RC, LR or LG.
    Best of luck! You can do this!