Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT For Dummies Accuracy

kmarxtheleftkmarxtheleft Alum Member
in General 114 karma

My highest score I have ever gotten from a practice test was a 152. It was from The LSAT For Dummies second edition. I'm pretty sure it was not an official test, however. How accurate can I assume the test was if this was not the case? Just wondering, because I would like to know if this accurate reflects my ability or if I should just disregard it because it's not an official test.

Comments

• 279 karma

IMHO I wouldn't trust anything that is not an official test and taken under strict timing conditions, as close to the real thing as possible. If the book does not use real, licensed LSAC content, it may be too difficult, too easy, or straight up irrelevant to the real questions on the test. I think there is one test (maybe Feb 2007) that is the "free" test that you can get your hands on pretty easily. Do that one to establish a baseline.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8407 karma

Whether you can verify it was an official PT or not, I'd stay away from that book. I don't have it saved but I've seen excerpts from it that were outright incorrect.

• kmarxtheleftkmarxtheleft Alum Member
    114 karma

Thanks for letting me know. I figured the quality was not as good as a lot of sources.