Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone else experience/notice this?

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
in General 938 karma
When Studying for LR I find something strange happens [This does not happen all the time, just sometimes]. During PTs (usually in the first section of LR introduced) I don't do extremely well (I get about -10/-11).. Later on when I visit the second set of LR I do a lot better (about -5/-6). This happens when taking full-length PTs, or if I decide to dissect 2 LR sections from a PT I don't plan on taking all at once (due to either time constraints or my lack of intention to fully utilize that particular PT.) I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. At first I thought it was a sign that I was improving, but now I'm not sure if it's a stroke of luck, or w/e. If anyone has any input let me know!

Comments

• AlexandraAlexandra Alum Member
    13 karma
    This happened to me with my last full PT! I'm trying to figure out why as well. My only theory so far is that maybe it takes some time for your brain to kind of wake up and fully function. I'm thinking about doing a couple LR questions or something to get myself more alert before starting my next one..
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    That may be it, but I had also done LR questions before the set I'm referring to in my post. I wonder if certain question types that I'm better with are appearing more in later/earlier section but not in the other one? Thank you for your input, let me know if your warm-up exercise works!
  • moocow314moocow314 Alum Member
    140 karma
    This also happens to me, and with a recent PT as well...I missed 8 in the first LR section (including a few very easy ones that I misread/misunderstood at first and quickly caught in BR). In the second LR section I only missed 3, and they were among the most difficult in the section.

I would agree with Alexandra, but I tend to be more alert in the first LR section. However, I also realize that I'm lot more nervous as well, so perhaps I over think things and second guess myself too often.

I always insert a fifth section from another exam at the beginning of my PTs, so my brain is pretty tired by the second LR section. I rely on eliminating wrong answers and usually get it down to two and when I pick the correct one it's often because it "felt" right (I don't have the time or mental energy to over think things at this point).
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    the ones with 26 questions are easier to me for some reason......
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @moocow314 that may be it. The first section I tend to miss more and usually when I go back it's because of something simple I over looked that I would would catch in the 2nd LR section.

@rblackshear I know the feeling, but sections with only 25 questions have done this to me as well :(!