Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem

tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 431 karma
Hi,
I just want to know if other people have this same issue and what methods you used to overcome it: I know the LR concepts pretty well, and when I take un-timed tests, I do really well without spending a lot of time on the questions (as much as I would spend under timed conditions). But, when I take the actual test, I get considerably more questions wrong. When I do the blind review, I usually don't look at the answer I picked, I go back to the question (on a second set of the same test without any marks) and read the question again and most of the time (8/10) I get the correct answer and I look at the answer I picked during the exam and it makes no sense to me. Is this me? Am I going nuts? :/

Comments

• Kimber77Kimber77 Alum Member
    30 karma
    Do you think it might be nerves? Or maybe seeing the questions a second time around you catch things that you didn't catch before because you are more familiar the second time. This has happened to me too a bunch of times and I don't really understand it either. Another thing I realize I do is during the games I will accidentally make up a letter/ game piece that doesn't even exist, like add L to the list of letters when there is no L, or write a letter that looks like another letter.. Other than that I can easily get them all right, so its really frustrating because its such a stupid thing for that to be my problem. When I know I'm not being timed I don't do this. I have no idea why I do this.. I think for me it might have to do with pressure. But I don't know maybe I'm nuts too haha. I'm curious if anyone else has this problem but I doubt it lol
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    That makes two us, I guess lol. I think mine is a combination of nerves and I think I tend to read the questions more "tensly" when I'm being timed. But, I feel like that affects my reasoning skills which is f**** crucial. For the games, a good rule of thumb that I use, whenever I'm writing down the conditions, I try to make inferences if I can, that way, when you try to make an inference you automatically have to look at the condition again. But, I don't have that problem with games.