More Impromptu Office Hours - Friday, 5/21, 4pm EDT

Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
edited May 2021 in General 6866 karma

Hey folks,

I'm holding office hours again because it was fun last time (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/28551/impromptu-office-hours-whos-on-their-grind-today-done) and I just got another late cancellation. While I could just take a half day and be happy, I'm not going to because I'm the kind of person who tutors the LSAT for a living (weird doesn't even begin to describe it). And this time, the schedule shift even came early enough that I can actually give ~15 hours of notice! Yay. Maybe next time, it'll be a full day in advance.

Anyway, I will hold open court from 4pm-6pm at least (the time and length of the original lesson I had planned). After that, we'll see how long I feel like sticking around/when I get hungry enough to wander off in search of dinner. As with last time, I might be fiddling with some random stuff or get distracted occasionally, but I'm happy to talk shop while doing it.

[Done!]

And, since last time I realized that nobody probably knows who I am or why anyone would care, I'll paste my tutor directory description here for reference:

"After graduating from Columbia Law in 2010, I've taught the LSAT both alongside and in parallel with JY as my full time employment and passion. JY and I gave LSAT seminars together up and down the east coast with PreProBono for a while, and I was around when 7Sage was just a figment of JY's imagination. I'm still the only person beside JY himself who's ever had an official instructional video up on the site. In addition to my private tutoring work, I'm PreProBono's senior instructor, a featured instructor for 7Sage, and run the LSAT department for a small test prep boutique in New York City as their lead tutor.

I've worked with students from all across the United States and also internationally, from a diverse set of countries including China, Korea, Qatar, France, Brazil, Canada, Turkey, and the Netherlands. My tutoring achievements include a 136-to-172 score jump, sending students to Harvard in 7 of my 9 years of tutoring (including one year where I sent three students to Harvard and four to NYU in the same cycle), and having students of mine attend every T14 except Stanford (because they're picky) and UVA (a lot of acceptances, but sadly no matriculations), many with substantial scholarships.

While I'm not egotistical enough to say I've seen it all, I know the LSAT inside and out and I'm confident I can help you out no matter what your situation is."

Of course, there's a perfectly reasonable argument to be made that you still shouldn't listen to me. I do swear quite a bit, after all (so if you have sensitive sensibilities, this might not be your jam). But I suppose the only way you'll find out for sure is to listen for yourself.

Hope to see some of you there!

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

Starting now!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

I'm currently downloading google meet! Do we just ask you any questions we might have? Can they be specific questions from the problem sets?