Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Frame Advice?

Kappers_Kappers_ Member
in General 8 karma

Hey Guys,

Just for reference, I'm currently a rising junior in college.

I just have a quick question for some advice. I took my first diagnostic maybe ~6 months ago (and scored a 160), and went through a decent amount of the 7sage curriculum, but very rushed (in under a month). I also didn't do any of the reading, just finished LG and LR quickly. I just took another PT, PT51 (flex version), and scored a 166 (-3LG, -3LR, -6RC). My ideal goal score is a ~172, so does it seem reasonable to get there for the next November test?

Also, I'm fine with taking it more than once, which is why I'm planning to take it so early, and I will be abroad in the spring so I can't take it then.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• 176 karma

Yea definitely! Firstly, that’s already an impressive score and doubling with school cannot be easy! I would say next step is to solidify the fundamentals, even though your score is high, you could get stuck easily without a core foundation. Either way, I think 170+ is totally attainable

• 269 karma

I think it's totally doable. I know it isn't easy to study in school, but here's what my timeframe looked like while working full-time: I was averaging 165 in January and my new average, about 5 months later, is 172, with my highest score being a 175.

First, ditto to what was already said. Second, generally, you just have to put in the time (I'm studying ~20 hrs a week) and really focus on your weaknesses. Based upon your RC performance, you have a lot of points to gain by strengthening your understanding of that section. I additionally think that you can gain points more points by going -0 on LG, which is a MUST if your goal is >170.

So far, a regular diet of timed RC passages (3 a week, in addition to a timed exam) and timed LG games (a couple a day, in addition to a timed exam) has allowed me to score -0 on both RC and LG. Perhaps the same would benefit you. Your LR score is pretty strong tho. Unless you're better at LR than LG or RC, I would focus on maintaining that -3 average; you can still achieve your goal score with that type of performance.