Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are you feeling?

sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
in June 2021 LSAT 604 karma

Hi everyone! Just wanted to reach out to all my June test-takers and see how you're all feeling. I, too, am writing in June and can't believe it's almost time! I'm super nervous but hoping for great results so I can put this LSAT studying behind me (as great as 7Sage is lol). Anyways, tell me how you guys feel!! Wishing you all lots of motivation in the coming two weeks and may the June LSAT bring about great results for us all :) GOOOOOD LUCK!

Comments

• Ali MarieAli Marie Member
    81 karma

Best of luck to you too!!! :smile:

• 123anami123anami Member
    388 karma

good luck to us <3 hope you are doing well and taking breaks as you need. Let's get through this!!!! I can't believe we're in the final stretch.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Good luck!!! We all got this!! Just try the best :)

• edited May 2021 183 karma

I just got my best PT score after leaving the hospital Thursday. Maybe I need to get hit by a car during test week, too. Lol.

In all seriousness, I’ve done mostly everything I can do within my control to succeed while balancing everything else in my life. I feel good. If you’ve done the same, you should feel good, too. Don’t let what you can’t control ruin your mindset. You can do it; believe that.

• 120_or_bust120_or_bust Core Member
    124 karma

Good luck! I took a week off work prior to the LSAT date to chill out and relax. I've been hitting my goal score on the last 5-6 PTs so I haven't been doing much other than 1-2 PTs a week.

I'm thinking of scheduling the LSAT Written in that week off so I don't have to think about it come LSAT time.

• 79 karma

I am on such an uphill and downhill swing. My Sections I do consistently 6-7 points better on than my PT's (PT'S avg is 155,while if you combine my sections my average is 162/163) a bit frustrating. Plus I feel like I always rush through PT's, any advice?

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

I'm in the wind-down phase of this marathon; 13 days to go until I take the last of the Flex tests in June!

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@GULCampGWHope said:
    I am on such an uphill and downhill swing. My Sections I do consistently 6-7 points better on than my PT's (PT'S avg is 155,while if you combine my sections my average is 162/163) a bit frustrating. Plus I feel like I always rush through PT's, any advice?

hmm...what is your overall strategy on a PT + review?

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

@GULCampGWHope said:

This sounds like it may be a timing issue with all the sections combined. I experienced something similar about a month and a half ago. Have you tried going through a normal practice test (as you normally would) but without restraining yourself to 35 minutes? Really soaking in the material and going at a pace you feel comfortable while maintaining focus. I still keep an eye on the clock but really do this to make myself more comfortable in RC in particular. This eliminates the feeling of rushing through a PT- I felt the exact same way. I still do PT's where I don't strictly time and my score has seriously really improved in my timed ones. I don't think it's too late for you to employ this strategy. Also, maybe focus on getting LG to a -0; this also really boosted my score. I normally get -0/1, at most -3.

604 karma

@sarahblair said:

@GULCampGWHope said:

This sounds like it may be a timing issue with all the sections combined. I experienced something similar about a month and a half ago. Have you tried going through a normal practice test (as you normally would) but without restraining yourself to 35 minutes? Really soaking in the material and going at a pace you feel comfortable while maintaining focus. I still keep an eye on the clock but really do this to make myself more comfortable in RC in particular. This eliminates the feeling of rushing through a PT- I felt the exact same way. I still do PT's where I don't strictly time and my score has seriously really improved in my timed ones. I don't think it's too late for you to employ this strategy. Also, maybe focus on getting LG to a -0; this also really boosted my score. I normally get -0/1, at most -3.

And for reference my average is a 160. When I started PT's I would get 155-160 (sometimes 161 but usually like a 158). In the last month I've been getting around 163-166, even hitting 170 once.

• 79 karma

@sarahblair said:

@GULCampGWHope said:

Thank's for this! I'll def start trying it out. Yeah when it comes to drilling I kill it (esp with LR and LG) where as I feel like a rush a bit through RC and LR on actual tests, LG for some reason I have a really good grasp on, and see it as a "relax" session as I enjoy doing the games.

604 karma

@GULCampGWHope same for me, exactly! I really hope it works for you. Good luck!