PT8.S4.Q20 - So-called environmentalists have argued that...

edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 147 karma

Question: what can we conclude "virtually" to mean in this context? Can I conclude that there is at least one proposal that the so-called environmental group did not raise objections to? What is the opposite in LSAT world to "virtually?"

Admin Note: Deleted the stimulus because it is against our Forum Rules to post the entire stimulus on the Forum. Also edited the title. Please use the format PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question.

Comments

• KarenKnowsAllKarenKnowsAll Core Member
    46 karma

'Nearly all', or like 95-99% (without necessarily ruling out 100%...I think)

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    edited June 2021 288 karma

My guess would be: If I were to come across this question in a timed setting I'd probably designate it to mean 99%, or call it most of most (most is 51% - 100%, most of most would be ~76.5% - 100%) I guess, stressing the lower bounds of the definition. It's probably a rabbit hole in regards to finding the correct answer choice, as in seeing it as 100% might work, but I'd never interoperate virtually all to mean all.

Look at the CC and there's a couple slides dedicated to this issue that I really suggest looking into.