Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study timeline for August while interning

paigecmiller6paigecmiller6 Core Member
in General 25 karma

Hi! I just joined 7sage about two weeks ago and I am hoping to take the August test. I'm also completing an internship that requires 40 hours a week. I'm nervous that I will not make it through the core curriculum (much less any of the practice tests) in time for the test. I've been trying to study 2 hours a day and make up time on the weekends but still feel overwhelmed. Anyone in the same boat or have any tips?

Comments

• samksamk Core Member
    60 karma

I am currently working full time and studying, and it is definitely a give and take—you have to be kind to yourself on the timing if you do not always stick to a schedule. I will say this, I was unemployed for a month and a half where I was able to grind the CC full time, and now I can just do PT's in the morning or weekends and review after work. Devoting time to the CC upfront was the best thing I did for myself, and if I were you, I would probably take the August but plan on also taking the October. This will help reduce your stress on the first take, and give you more time w/ the CC and on PT's. (If it is helpful, I have been studying since January, started with a 148 diagnostic and now average 165 with a best of 170).

• aggiee.tyyaggiee.tyy Core Member
    edited June 2021 20 karma

It depends on what your target score is, if you're scoring near what your goal is by July, go for it. However, I would probably consider October to be a better bet based on my experience. Try to not take the LSAT multiple times and just do it once when you're 100% ready. I took the LSAT when I wasn't 100% ready and wish I didn't. August is only 2 months away. It might be a lot working 40 hours a week and studying if you just started 2 weeks ago. You also definitely should take multiple practice tests before the LSAT and not have the LSAT be the first timed practice test you take. Best of luck. You will figure it out I am sure!

• paigecmiller6paigecmiller6 Core Member
    25 karma

Thank you both! I think that is a great idea to wait until July and see where my score is and where I am in the course. I certainly don't want to rush through the material or beat myself up because I am not adhering to a strict schedule.

• JJeanW21JJeanW21 Member
    6 karma

I'm in a similar boat. Just started studying and just started an internship (only 30 hours a week though).

• paigecmiller6paigecmiller6 Core Member
    25 karma

Oh nice! I hope you enjoy it! I keep seeing posts of people grinding 6-8 hours a day and I wish I had time for that.

• dulcepaz123dulcepaz123 Member
    13 karma

I work full time and I study for 3-4 hours after work everyday and on weekends as well. It's doable and tiring but it's all temporary