Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does one find a great private tutor?

scoutingsscoutings Member
in General 24 karma

How does one identify a great private tutor? What's a reasonable hourly fee?

Comments

• h_ksfuh_ksfu Core Member
    52 karma

I have tried a few tutors and have noticed that they all have their own teaching styles. I have a tutor named Kate who has helped me improve tons on Logic Games, she charges $40USD an hour I think, and then I have a tutor who is amazing at RC and LR and I pay him $125USD for 90min. Hopefully this helps.

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

@h_ksfu said:
    I have tried a few tutors and have noticed that they all have their own teaching styles. I have a tutor named Kate who has helped me improve tons on Logic Games, she charges $40USD an hour I think, and then I have a tutor who is amazing at RC and LR and I pay him $125USD for 90min. Hopefully this helps.

What score range are you aiming for in RC and LR, and is your working with tutor getting you closer to where you'd like to be?

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

I tutor right now. But, I also have my own private tutor. I think it all depends on where you are at in your studies. I think me having a tutor is beneficial because they can point out things that I may not see myself. But this is mainly in LR. My RC is only -2 to -4 and LG is around -1 to 0. I will definitely say having a tutor helped me a ton and as a tutor myself now I can see the importance of tutoring. Lastly, "great" is definitely subjective so you just have to find the right one for you!

• 45 karma

CSieck3507, do you tutor now? I need a tutor to help me with RC and LR. Let me know if you are up for the task

• MotoDuckMotoDuck Core Member
    36 karma

Just need to find out where JY lives!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@scoutings said:
    How does one identify a great private tutor? What's a reasonable hourly fee?

Hi there,

We have a list of approved private tutors here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/68763

This is our required disclaimer: Please note that 7Sage takes no responsibility for anything that happens during these tutor sessions. We are unaffiliated with these tutors, and do not receive any commissions or kickbacks from them. We are not vouching for them in any way other than we expect they would make good tutors. To become a tutor, you must be either a star (⭐️) member or a Sage and be approved by 7Sage staff.

Let us know if you have any further questions.