Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proctor time issues

I am reading a lot of people are having their time wasted because of proctor issues. Any specific advises? I saw several good one - tell proctor to mute themselves and stop timer when they want to talk. Is proctor experience is that bad?

Comments

• 269 karma

My proctor accidentally started my LR section without telling me while I was holding my laptop out in front of me to give them the 360-degree room-scan. I somehow realized that had happened and then frantically sat down to start the section. As I was testing, the proctor called me to tell me that she accidentally started the section (like, no sh*t) AND THAT THERE WAS NOTHING SHE COULD DO ABOUT IT. THEN WHY DID YOU CALL?! 10/10: an absolutely awful experience. Wasted so much time. Definitely had an impact on my performance. I put in a formal test-day complaint and requested an investigation by LSAC. If they validate my complaint, I get a coupon waiving the fee for the next LSAT. Yay.

• @GoatAdvocate wow that sounds horrible. Thank you for sharing your story. I will try not to have high expectations for proctor.