Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal statement and canceling score

autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 251 karma

I need inspo for my personal statement. All of a sudden I feel like im the most boring person ever and have nothing to write about. Also, I got a 153 on the June test but i was PT'ing 155-161 so I know I can do much better and im going to retake in August. Should I cancel the 153 since I have the option to?

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Hey Autumn. I would recommend that you look into working with one of the editors on 7sage through the "unlimited editing package" I think a lot of times we think our story is boring and run of the mill, but that's because we've lived it, so it's boring to us. By bouncing your ideas off of a third party (especially one who knows the system) they will help you find the best story to tell and help you craft it every step of the way.

In regards to your score, I'm not sure I would cancel it. It's fairly close to your PT range (and a drop on test day is very common so I've heard). If you were consistently scoring above 160, without anything below, then maybe cancelling would be advisable. But it doesn't seem that was the case. There are a number of schools that would accept a 153. From everything I've heard, schools really don't care if you have a low score on your record, as long as there is a higher one. I wouldn't risk losing it in case something happens in August, such as the proctor messing you up or something like that.

Hope this helps! and if you'd like to bounce off your personal statement ideas, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give my two-cents.