Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Behind on the study schedule, how do I adjust?

stecklercstecklerc Member
in General 10 karma

Hello! Due to a lot of unfortunate circumstances (loss of job, funeral, etc) I have fallen a good few weeks behind on the study schedule. Whenever they explain the study schedule they say if you fall behind you can adjust it but I am not sure how to do that? I am trying to adjust it so its more evenly spread out on what I need to catch up on rather than just overdoing myself and burning out trying to catch up. How do I do this? Thank you!

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Don't stress about "catching up"

The most important thing is that the lessons stick in your head. So just focus on getting back into a solid routine rather than speeding through to get to where you "should" be

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    edited July 2021 690 karma

Sorry to hear about the rough times you are going through. I trust you'll be able to forge ahead. I concur with what @tahurrrrr said above. Pick yourself up and lay out an updated roadmap, and then place these milestones aside and devote your attention to the day in front of you. Get the most of what you can out of every day. Develop it into a rhythm. I recommend journaling the process. Check in with your larger roadmap once every 2 weeks at most. The check-in that matters more is with yourself at the end of each day : Did I make today count? Did I get all that I could out of today? Here's the great part -- if you're honest when answering these questions, the answer "Yes I studied for 5 hours and did this, this, and this." is just as valuable as the answer "Yes I didn't look at or think about the LSAT today. I rested." Ultimately in thinking about it this way, I'm a believer that you beget the objectives of the larger roadmap or "study schedule" and avoid the dreaded burnout as well. Does that make sense? Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out for any other help.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @stecklerc,

You can adjust your Study Schedule, by adjusting the "Start Date" and the "End Date" or by adjusting the "Start Date" and the "Study rate" (the number of hours you would like to study per week.) See the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.