Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC timing

when I do RC untimed, I get -4 but when I do it timed I average -11. I have been using a new approach which helps me understand the passage more, but any suggestions on how to transition to do this timed by the August test?

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

Are you able to finish all 4 passages under timed conditions?

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

@yunonsie said:
    Are you able to finish all 4 passages under timed conditions?

@yunonsie I am able to finish all 4 under timed conditions but I get a lotttt more questions wrong. This was when I was just reading through the passages with no strategy. I just started doing them untimed with a focus on reading for structure and reading more actively but I've been taking my time to make sure I do it accurately. So I guess I need to figure out how to do it accurately under timed conditions by august

• 12 karma

I am in the same boat as you. Untimed, I am right on target, but timed is a disaster for me. What I have been doing is every single day doing untimed RC passages, really familiarizing myself with the question types and building confidence in myself. I am slowly adding in time restrictions little by little, but not rushing it or pushing it. With every day practice and patience, you will get there. I am already seeing small bits of progress. I hope this helps!