Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

letters of recommendation

I graduated undergrad in 2016. I contacted my 2 closest professors for recommendation letters and they are willing to write them, but I am worried I need more recent references. I am struggling to come up with a third reference, my former work supervisors that I interacted with on a daily basis neither know me on a personal level nor have the best command of the English language. I moved to a new city just when Covid started so I had no chance to get involved in a community organization outside of work.

Comments

• Jordannn-1Jordannn-1 Member
    5 karma

Schools generally like having at least one academic reference, so even though you graduated in 2016 I don't think it will matter as much, as long as your professors are able to write about how well you did while in school.

You should go ahead and ask your most recent work supervisors for letters as well. Even if they don't know you as well on a personal level, they should be able to speak to your work performance which is very important.