Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undergraduate GPA

help

I recently realized that LSAC takes into account your grades from all institutions when calculating your GPA.

A little about me... I took several dual credit classes in high school and transferred to a different school after my freshman year. Although I did not do poorly in the dual credits or my freshman year, I did not get a 4.0. I graduated from my degree issuing institution with a 4.0. My LSAC GPA is predicted to be around a 3.78.

All that being said, I understand that I cannot omit my grades from high school and my transfer school. Would it be worthwhile to write an addendum with my application showing that I graduated with a 4.0 from my degree issuing school?

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Your application will include all of your complete transcripts, so they will see the 4.0 that you graduated with. You should also include on your resume your degree granting institution GPA. But if you feel you need to explain why your grades were lower before your transfer then perhaps an addendum would be a good idea.