Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Recommendation Letters for Full Time Employees Trying to Get Into Law School - 7Sage Forum

Recommendation Letters for Full Time Employees Trying to Get Into Law School

MomobeeeMomobeee Alum Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 16 karma

Hello Everyone!

I graduated grad school in 2018 and I have not been in touch with any of my professors in either undergrad or grad schools.

Most law schools I’m looking into require at least 2 letters. I have one mentor from my previous workplace who is happy to write a letter for me.

Should I get my second letter from my grad school professor or management at my current workplace? My concern for both is the ‘lukewarm’ recommendation letter from
- professor because we haven’t been in touch for so long
- management because of the thought that I want to switch industries completely so I haven’t been or am no longer invested in the projects at work

Any advice on this or how to reconnect with professors in school would be appreciated!!

Comments

• mariaye0604mariaye0604 Alum Member
    79 karma

The professional letters don't have to come from a boss. It could be from a peer you worked with and had good opinions of you. You can always contact these people and test the water first.
    You do need an academic letter. I graduated from undergrad in 2013 and still have to cough up an academic LOR.

• MomobeeeMomobeee Alum Member
    16 karma

@mariaye0604 Thank you for the advice! Could you advise on how you approached your professor from undergrad for a LOR? I’m planning to apply next year, should I start building relationships now?

• AlexJ_LSATAlexJ_LSAT Core Member
    141 karma

@mariaye0604 What school are you applying to that requires an academic LoR?