PT72.S4.G4 - Misc. Game (Bump please!)

megameghamegamegha Alum Member
edited July 2021 in Logic Games 29 karma

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone tried to solve the game using multiple game boards? It seemed do-able to try splitting game boards, but I keep going down a rabbit hole with too many options and especially, for the last question, seems like several answer choices are possible if I look at my boards.

Any suggestions welcome!!

Thank you,
Megha

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-72-section-4-game-4/

Comments

• josh.r8964josh.r8964 Member
    66 karma

Hi! When I was solving it, I found it easier just to stick to one game board in that grid like format. I thought it was the easiest way to visualize the transfers. While you can split because some transfers have very few options, it creates wayyy to many permutations to deal with in only a few minutes (or at least when I tried to deal with it my head imploded). I think you're on the money when you said it allows for a rabbit hole. Sounds to me like you're on the right track beforehand. Good luck!

• davidbear0davidbear0 Member
    125 karma

Ahh, this game. I solved it with multiple boards in 8 minutes 26 seconds. The 3 rules given allow you to infer that J can only go to K & L; K can only go to M & L; L can only go to M & K.

You first create 2 game boards like this (use J can only go to K & L):
    1)
    J - K
    K - L
    L - M
    M - J

2)
    J - L
    K - M
    L - K
    M - J

Then, you copy the two existing ones so now you have 4 boards in total (use K can only go to M & L; L can only go to M & K):
    1)
    J - K - M
    K - L - K
    L - M - J
    M - J - L

2)
    J - L - M
    K - M - J
    L - K - L

M - J - K

3)
    J - K - L
    K - L - M
    L - M - J
    M - J - K

4)
    J - L - K
    K - M - J
    L - K - L
    M - J - M

After doing this, you now have all the possibilities leading up to the 3rd day. You can keep going and generate more boards for the 4th day as well, but it would be too time consuming at this point and only having these 4 boards leading up to the 3rd day is good enough for you to answer most of the questions. And if there is a question that requires you to know the 4th day, you can easily see the possible scenarios based on the 3 rules given that J can only go to K & L; K can only go to M & L; L can only go to M & K.

It's impossible to get more than one correct ACs based on this method. You likely got confused about what the question was asking.
    The question #19, for example, is asking you what are the possible transfers happening on a particular work day, meaning you should look at the game board vertically, not the horizontally sequence.
    The game board (1) allows you to answer this question.
    J - K
    K - L
    L - M
    M - J
    Which is A).

Same thing with the question #23, it's asking you the possible transfers on Tuesday alone. It's not asking you to look for something like K - L - M.
    It's asking you to look for something like (you look at the board vertically):
    K - L
    &
    L - M.
    And you can find the correct answer choice based on the game board (3).
    3)
    J - K - L
    K - L - M
    L - M - J
    M - J - K

Hope this helps! Happy studying~
    It's not really a rabbit hole if you keep your head clear and not panic.

• megameghamegamegha Alum Member
    29 karma

@josh.r8ou964, haha my head imploded too, but turns out the game boards are not so bad, if you try splitting as suggested above :smile: I found attempting the questions without the gameboards harder!

@davidbear0 - thanks so much, I tried your method above and it works!! Yeappp, looking vertically across the game boards for questions 19 and 23 makes sense.