PTJ07.S2.Q10 - Double-blind techniques

JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
edited August 2021 in Logical Reasoning 194 karma

Although I am getting better at locating the conclusion in the stimulus, the answer choices are throwing curve balls and hard punches below the belt. Can someone help me please......?

On this question, while I was able to understand and agree that the conclusion was sentence 1, the answer choices all look so..... attractive and it is difficult to understand why the answers are right and wrong. In speeding through this question, I took a second look thereby, in studying and going back, they all look so... wrong to the point that I would disagree that any of them are correct.

The correct AC, (B), allegedly makes a recommendation "..., is advisable...", and allegedly includes additional information as per "..., in as high proportion of their experiments....".

Help..........!!!!!!!?????

I assume it is a relationship between the words "possible" and "can"?

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-june-2007-section-2-question-10/

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

52-2-10 is a logic game problem. Please correct the citation so I can better assist you.

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

It's the June 2007, S2.Q10.

• McBeck418McBeck418 Member
    500 karma

So this is a main point question. We just want to find the conclusion, which you point out is the first sentence. Then you want to move into the answer choices and just pick the answer that best paraphrases that conclusion.

Here B does that. It says scientists should use a higher proportion of double blind techniques than not. It's giving them preference, which is akin to using them whenever possible.

The other answers don't sum up the conclusion.

A says objectivity may be impeded bc of prior expectations, but nowhere in the stimulus does it tell us that. Not the conclusion.

C We have no idea if scientists neglect to consider this. It is not the conclusion we spotted.

D is also not stated. It never tells us something should happen. We might think scientists should refrain from bias but the stimulus doesn't say that.

E says double blind techniques are often effective ways to ensure objectivity. This seems more like an assumption to me. We just know that these techniques are preferable to non double blind techniques.

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your help. This is a hard test.