Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT's During Last Week of Prep for August

Hello fellow 7sagers, first time test taker here. I am taking the August 2021 LSAT and was wondering what protocols previous and fellow first-time test takers are following during the last >week of prep before the test regarding the taking of full, timed PTs. I believe this thread might be helpful to others in my position as well, considering this August test is a little unprecedented with the introduction of the new-ish format.

For some context, I have 2 "fresh" PTs left, (89 and M20), and was planning on taking 89 sometime within the next few days, and then spending the remaining time chopping up M20 for timed sections/practice and light drilling before my big day on Saturday.

Additionally, I started my prep this summer with a 150 diagnostic, and am currently averaging around 167 (deriving this average from my most recent PT's which have been in the 80's and 70's). I scored a 169 on PT 71 last Wednesday, but then experienced significant (although not debilitating) burnout, so I took the next two days off. With this in mind, I'm wondering if I should even bother PT'ing again before Saturday, or just drill/do timed sections for the remaining week. Throughout this entire prep I have never spent a full week without doing at least one PT. I would like to sit down and do another full run-through on LawHub with a fresh 89 under test conditions, but at the same time I would like to avoid more burnout (which may or may not even happen).

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

You are going great. Just try to do both the pts at the same time at which your actual exam is scheduled. And do it in a strict timed manner without cutting any corners. All the best!