Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU screwed up and it took 2 1/2 hours to get my test started. What should I do?

So I was scheduled to take the test at 7am this morning and I had ran the equipment check multiple times the night before and the morning of. All equipment checks said I was good to go. However, once i went to start the test, the testing session had another system check called "ports" and repeatedly failed. This "ports" requirement was not a part of the equipment test and I had no idea that this could be a problem. I contacted tech support and they went through my settings and made sure everything was good which it was. I had techs straight up leave the chat multiple times and had other support workers having me repeat the same uninstall-reinstall tasks over and over to no avail. Eventually, after 2 hours, one of the techs just sent me a link that let me bypass the testing session and finally take the test around 9:30. There was no problem with screen sharing or them controlling my computer so I can only assume this was a technical error on their part.

While I got to take the test, it was immediately after 2 hours of non-stop heart-pumping stress and a few nervous breakdown close calls. I will definitely be taking it again in October but this has set back my app date by a few months all while I have to study for the lsat again while finishing my senior thesis. Im at a loss for how I will manage all of this now. Besides just letting off steam with this post I would like to know what you all think I should do. I do have chat logs with the technicians. I know filing a formal test complaint with LSAC will delay my scores by 3 weeks. Should I try and contact LSAC by other means and let them know the situation? The biggest thing is that I do not, under any circumstances, want to take it again through ProctorU.