Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are Logic Games Getting more difficult

BeckhamaBeckhama Alum Member
in General 22 karma
I've noticed in recent preptests that there have been some difficult logic game curveballs. I'm currently only practicing sequencing games with the earlier tests where a lot of them are curveballs. is there any reason to be concerned about this new trend?

Comments

• mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited June 2015 938 karma
    They most certainly are getting newer and a bit more annoying! You need a stronger understanding of the game compared to the older days!
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    edited June 2015 181 karma
    I took the LSAT yesterday. It was my last available take (I have already been admitted into my desired law school).

Anyways, to answer your question, they seem to be no more difficult than most other recent tests (60 and up). I had two LG sections, the real one had two grouping games and two sequencing games. One game in each category had a 'twist.'

[removed]
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    What it seems like they're trying to do is to preserve the LSAT as being "cram-proof." That being said, it doesn't seem like they're doing that without preserving some or most of the elements of the older LGs. Even the seemingly familiar newer games include some "twist" on the rules that requires you to go beyond your rote memorization and make at least some new inferences on the spot. What can you do? Well.. getting as familiar as possible with the old games wouldn't hurt. But what I think is also important is being READY to get a strange rule or twist on a game on test day and not let it screw your day up.
  • BeckhamaBeckhama Alum Member
    22 karma
    How can one prepare for something that he cannot anticipate. Unless the "twists" are just twists used in older games, whether or not you can appropriately handle the twist is a toss up.
    578 karma
    When I say "ready," I mean psychologically ready. You will have to deal with that new twist.. but what is important is to not panic about it. That's what messed me and a lot of people up, it seems.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Honestly, I don't know if the June LSAT LG section was hard or not. I got through it but I'm not sure I aced it. The difference from me and what other people have been posting is what @"Dr. Yamata" said..don't panic. I was calm the whole time. Got to a section and was utterly lost, however, I just pushed through and took my time (well relative, didn't rush it). I think that's the only thing you can do. Since most games are the same, practicing helps you get through those really quick and then you can take your time with the crazy ones.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    Messed me up for sure but gladly it is my weakest section and i felt the rest was pretty straight forward althought my second LR had a pattern of questions
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I feel stupid for panicking during the test but the little wrinkles through me off during gametime. I have seen some variation of the questions in my earlier prep but poor setup on one game threw my confidence off. In hindsight, the first three games probably weren't too terrible if I had to do them again this moment. In a couple of months I believe J.Y. will post the logic game video and a lot of us will feel like we missed a good opportunity because the rest of the test did not feel too hard. The only section I felt like I had difficulty with was Logic Games. I think the only thing for me to do is to just roll up my sleeves and study logic games for a couple hundred hours until they are second nature. Its not like LSAC will make the games any easier because their job is to fuck us and make us bow to genius of their methodology. 150-151 is an average score for a college educated individual. There were 200 people at my testing center and a lot of them were praying for a 155 so they could go to the local school or any school that would take them just so they could be an attorney. Some people were taking the test cold. The only way for people to get ahead is to over prepare, that is, unless your goals are modest.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    Doggonit I posted *through instead of *threw for my second post today. I must be losing my post June LSAT mind.
    578 karma
    Yeah well, you have a point. The test is designed to be cram-proof.. so it would be naive to think that even if you got 100% of the prep materials down cold that you won't be thrown off on test day by something new. Studying the "how" is the key.. not the "what"