PT31.S2.Q23 - Town councillor: The only reason ....

Rev_LefeRev_Lefe Member
edited August 2021 in Logical Reasoning 385 karma

Hi I understood that B is the best choice but I am confused as to how its pattern really match with the pattern in the stimulus.

Basically, I was threw off when seeing "are designed to" in B and moved on, only to realize all other choices are wrong. By the time I got back to B again, at least 3 min was already wasted!

Is my mindset wrong for thinking that the pattern needs to be highly matched?
Thanks in advance!

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-2-question-23/

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

The reasoning in the argument goes as follows

Context- Reason for the town to have restrictive ordinance arrow to protect children from danger

Conclusion- Skateboarding in riverpark is indeed dangerous, but still we should not pass ordinance prohibiting it.
    Why?
    Premise- If children cannot skateboard in the park then they will skateboard on the streets. And skateboarding on the streets is more dangerous.

Reasoning pattern- Comparison of two things. And then finally choosing the less dangerous one. And this is what answer choice B is doing

The right answer does not have to be matched word to word with the stimulus. You have to identify the gist of what the stimulus is saying, find the pattern and try to match it with the answer choices.