Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application questions

I have a few questions about the applications if anyone can help!

1. My last job on my resume ended this past May because I moved back home (just graduated). I have not gotten a new job yet because I was focusing on studying for June LSAT, wanted to take a break for the summer before my life is never-ending school/work, and wanted to focus on working on my applications. Because schools ask for explanations of gaps longer than 3 months, should I write an addendum about this? And if so, will they look down on the fact that I did not work all summer? I plan to get a job in October but will hopefully already have submitted my apps by then.

2. On the employment section of the apps, it asks for a reason for leaving. All of my reasons are either leaving for school, or going home for the summer, most of my experience is either semester-long internships or summer jobs. In the reason can I just put "moved home for summer" and "moved away for school"?

3. The apps all ask for a "good until" date for my permanent address, which is my parents house. I don't have an exact date or even exact year that I will move out so what would I put? It is not a blank, just slots for mm/dd/yy.

If anyone can answer any of these I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Hi Alexa,
    1. I would write a brief addendum, yes, unless you addressed this time away from work in your personal statement. Having a few month off work to focus on your LSAT is a good thing, and should be looked upon favorably as it shows you are willing to put in the time and effort and are serious about law school.
    2. "Moving" is a totally reasonable reason for leaving a job, so yes, just say that.
    3. You may want to keep your permanent address of record up until you go to school next year, but you could also put the latest date you are sure you will be living there. Just make sure that if you do move, you contact the law schools to which you have applied to update them.

Hope this is helpful!