Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed for LSAT

in General 108 karma

anyone know how to increase speed for the LSAT? I took a couple months break and it seems to be taking a while for me to get a hang of it. My brain is slow lol

Comments

• mmbenliyanmmbenliyan Member
    6 karma

Besides the obvious of keep practicing, what really helped me improve my speed is to resist worrying about speed. Go through the questions calmly with confidence. Build yourself a rhythm of in answering the questions that you hold consistently. If you see that rhythm isn't fast enough then find the spots you can take slight shortcuts and increase your pace slightly. Ultimately you want to have rhythm which is fairly quick but within which you have developed a strong association with being calm and confident. Best of luck.

P.S. Little thing I like to do is skip all parallel and flaw parallel questions in LR until I finished all the other questions. Those questions require so much reading and take so much time that they mess up that rhythm for me. JY goes into more detail as to why this type of thing is helpful in the coconut analogy.