Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing Get Acquainted Tool/Advice

rashi.prasadrashi.prasad Member
in General 94 karma

Hello everyone,

I had a question for those who have practiced with the LSAT writing Get Acquainted tool. I was under the impression that with Get Acquainted, they would give you a prompt and you could practice writing an essay about that prompt. However, every time I launch Get Acquainted, it does not give me a prompt to write about... I am a little confused because I wanted to practice with a prompt before doing the real thing.

Regardless, are there any websites where I can find previous LSAT writing prompts? I just want to familiarize myself with how the prompt will be like before I do the actually writing sample.

Thanks!

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    edited October 2021 831 karma

I totally though the exact same thing - they need to update their explanation of what the tool is. It's just to give you an idea of what the system and set up process is like so that you know how to do everything to prepare.

Here is a link to a great article on lsat writing which includes a sample prompt and how to go through it.
    https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-lsat-writing-sample

You can also purchase the 10 Actual LSAT Preptest books and these include the lsat writing prompts with the tests. But they article should be enough to "get acquainted"

Essentially you're given a prompt with two possible sides that you can take. You're asked to pick a side and using the information provided compose an argument in favor of that side.

• rashi.prasadrashi.prasad Member
    94 karma

@"andrew.rsn" Hey! Thank you so much for your response. I actually stumbled upon that article as well and it is indeed a good article to read through before sitting down for the actual thing. And yes!! They really need to update it LOL I was watching their How To: Get Acquainted videos and it said that you could practice multiple times so I was so confused when I didn’t see a prompt during the practice run. 😂