Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October LSAT Positivity Thread

in General 790 karma

There's a lot of negativity out there, and a lot of anxiety and nervousness going around before the October LSAT. I understand it, as this is my second time taking it this year. But despite the feelings we might have (knots in our stomachs, feelings of defeat, etc), let's all say something we are PROUD of about our LSAT journey so far. If it will help you, I encourage you to write a little statement about the good things, despite or even in spite of all the bad things. I'll go first:

I've been studying for the LSAT since April 2020. A lot of times I have felt defeated and as if all of the hours I was pouring into studying were pointless. I couldn't raise my score for months. I went into the June LSAT upset with where I was, and when I got my score back I was not surprised nor was I disappointed with it. I felt nothing in a way. I knew I needed to raise my score if I want a shot at my dream schools, and I vowed to myself that I would spend as much time needed testing, blind reviewing, forcing myself to understand where I went wrong on all my practice tests. Between the June LSAT and now (October 6) I have finally started seeing my hard work pay off. I have scored 8 points higher than my June score 3 times (!!!!) and for the first time I feel like it wasn't just pure luck -- it's actual hard work and dedication that helped me raise my score. The person I was when I got my lowest score (148 Diagnostic in April 2020) vs. who I am now (scored a 167 multiple times) would have never believed I could raise my score 19 points. But I have, and now I know it's possible to do it on test day.

The point is (and this may sound cliche): it's not enough to look at how far you are from what you want. It's also so crucially important to actually look back and notice how far you have actually come. I really do believe that without giving yourself some kudos for what you _do _ achieve (however minimal), the journey will never be satisfying even if you end up at your goal.

I know that the people on 7sage pour their hearts into the LSAT and getting into law school. Recognize your hard work for what it is. With hard work, confidence, and self-awareness, there's nothing that can stop you from crushing the October LSAT. Believe this, even if you force yourself to believe it. It's a much better mindset to have when going into the test. Trust me.