(Spoiler for PT91 included!!) PT91.S2.Q23 help please

lsatpsatlsatpsat Member
edited October 2021 in Logical Reasoning 57 karma

Hi everyone, wondering if i could get your help with Q23 "According to rational-choice theory, popular support"...
Would someone be able to help in explaining why D is wrong and A is right? I thought since D has "is never a complex phenomenon" while the stim conc says "simple", it's wrong, in which case I can't similarly justify A ... Thank you!

Comments

• bella900bella900 Member
    47 karma

Hi there,

I'm in no way an expert and don't have a perfect score on LR. But D is wrong because it states the opposite idea. Sociologists say that popular support for a party IS a complex phenomenon, and THAT is why is cannot be explained with a simple phenomenon (economically motivated decisions). A is correct because it is the most provable answer choice of all, and translates as "economy motivated decisions can be a simple phenomenon."

I hope this helps.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Answered this for someone else, so thought I'd copy and paste that here in case it's helpful.

If a complex phenomenon cannot be caused by a simple phenomenon, as is the sociologists' argument, then economic motivation needs to be simple, otherwise they would be agreeing with rational-choice theory. Therefor AC A is correct.