PT84.S4.Q22 & Q23 (G4) - Two types of bonds

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited October 2021 in Logic Games 1417 karma

Can someone explain to me why Answer choice A is the correct answer for PT 84 Game 4 Question 22 and Answer choice C is the correct answer for PT 84 Game 4 Question 23? Thank you.

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-84-section-4-game-4/

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

Ew, this game is gross. Looking at the rules, we can make an easy eliminate. We know that H and L cannot offer the same bonds as each other so that means C is out. And if V offers a 5 year bond, then S must offer both 5 and 10 year bonds so E is out. G and V cannot be the pair that offers only 5 year bonds because remember that H and L cannot offer the same bonds as each other; there must be one of them that can also only offer 5 so B is out. So we have A and D, and if R only offers a 5, then we can take the contrapositive of rule 3 (H5--> L10---> R10) and we end up with a contradiction. According to this rule, H cannot offer only 5, so D is out.

For 23, I would not draw this out because it's too time consuming. If G offers a 5 year bond and H offers a 10 year bond, nothing triggers but if G were to offer a 10 year bond and H a 5 year bond, then L would have to offer a 10 year bond which triggers that last rule so R would also have to offer a 10 year bond. And so C has to be true because if it weren't, then we can take the contrapositive and see that G, L, AND R wouldn't be able to offer 10 year bonds which would violate the rules.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you very much @Ashley2018 for your time and help. I really appreciate the explanations. Best of luck.