Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Order Has Been Successful?

DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Hey,
So I have recently started out the 7sage curriculum. My biggest weakness in the past was Logic Games so I have really been focusing on the LG curriculum and making good strides. I feel as if my PTs will be essentially wasted if I take them without fully going through all of the LG curriculum. My RC and LR are not bad, I just want to improve on my LG score for the time being. Therefore, I was planning on knocking out the rest of the LG curriculum before I start taking PTs for the October LSAT. I hope to be done by the end of June with the LG curriculum and then begin taking PTs along with drilling RC and LR through the 7sage curriculum through July, August, and September.

Do you guys have thoughts on this approach/have others used a similar approach and been successful?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I think they've put a lot of time and effort into ordering the curriculum, as well as some changes based on trial and error after releasing it a few years ago. I would just go through in order because a lot of the foundational Logic will help you on LG and I would warn against overdoing it in one area for too long.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    It depends how well you're already doing in LR and RC. Did you sign up for 7sage just for their LG lessons? Unless you're getting -2 or -3 on LR and RC, maybe review the lessons just to get a better understanding of the material. However, if you're not really struggling with LR and RC and your only weakness is LG, then sure, focus on that but throw in a section of LR and RC once in a while just to keep the material fresh in your brain. You don't want to get in the habit of focusing on one area too long, and then losing your gains in other fields such as LR and RC.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I would just go through in order because a lot of the foundational Logic will help you on LG and I would warn against overdoing it in one area for too long.
    Agreed—you'll want to be 100% sure on how to diagram unless rules, for instance, and I believe your overall score stands to improve with better grounding in the fundamentals. I suppose you could do the logic lessons and then hunker down on LG, if you wish. I see no major issues with that approach.

Just don't totally neglect LR and RC ... Many of us have made the expense of hyperfocusing on one section to the neglect of the others, only to find that we become rusty!