Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inflated LSAT scores. Can someone help explain?

gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
in General 855 karma

Hello everyone,

I’ve noticed many people on the internet talking about the recent phenomenon of “inflated LSAT scores.” In true LSAT fashion, is this a myth? Reality? If it is real, can someone help provide me an explanation for this phenomenon?

Thanks

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    edited November 2021 831 karma

It's the trend that since the pandemic began and the LSAT was moved online, LSAT scores have risen, especially on the higher end. Many people attribute this to people having more time to study (especially last year when everything was shut down) and people feeling more comfortable taking the test with it being online rather than at a testing site.

I think it does make some sense that scores have gone up - it has certainly made the cycle more competitive - most likely if the test is ever made strictly in person again, LSAT scores will "deflate"

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    It's the trend that since the pandemic began and the LSAT was moved online, LSAT scores have risen, especially on the higher end. Many people attribute this to people having more time to study (especially last year when everything was shut down) and people feeling more comfortable taking the test with it being online rather than at a testing site.

I think it does make some sense that scores have gone up - it has certainly made the cycle more competitive - most likely if the test is ever made strictly in person again, LSAT scores will "deflate"

Yeah, that’s what I figured. After I saw it being talked about everywhere I got somewhat worried they may even make the test harder, but, oh well, not in my control.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on the trends!