Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Written v. Video Lessons

timmysh1timmysh1 Member
in General 15 karma
For most of the lessons there is both a video portion and a written article portion. Are these designed to complement each other, or do they say essentially the same thing? In the interest of time, I have generally been picking one or the other for each lesson, and only reading and watching the video together if I really need help understanding the topic. Sorry if this is a redundant question, I couldn't find it discussed elsewhere on the site.

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    The written portion kind of summarizes what's to either come in the video, or wraps up what has been said in the video plus some additional information to clarify.

When I went through the curriculum, I tended to pay close attention to both parts.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They sometimes are almost a verbatim transcript of the video, while other times that is not the case. It's generally good to pay attention to both as one or the other might address some issues that the other one doesn't, or may reword something in a different way. And a little repetition never hurt any studying in my opinion.