Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

video error message: html5: video not loading properly

Jeff TJeff T Free Trial Member
edited June 2013 in Technical Problems 19 karma
seem to be getting it a lot... I usually use Chrome as my browser, but I've had the same issue using IE and Android.

Comments

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Thanks for letting us know about this, Jeff! I changed your account so that it will use the flash player instead of the html5 one. I hope this fixes it for you! If not, please let me know.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma
    Some students have also reported that updating their Chrome fixed it!

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?hl=en
  • Jeff TJeff T Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    Thanks Alan and JY. Seems to be ok so far after Alan made the changed.
  • Maximiliano HerreraMaximiliano Herrera Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 2 karma
    Hey, could I get the flash change as well? I keep getting the html5 error report and my Chrome is up to date. Thank you!
  • AristatoAristato Free Trial Member
    edited July 2013 4 karma
    Is there anything i need to do to view 7sage videos on my droid phone?

Im getting cannot play video message.
  • AristatoAristato Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Now i cant watch on my ipad. Could someone please switch my account back ... i access this site far more oftn with my ipad.

thanks
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Sorry for the very very delayed reply Aristato!

You can control which player is used from the "Settings" menu: Click "Settings" in the top right, then check the "Use Flash Player" checkbox and click "Save Changes".

Since iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones can't play flash videos, as of a few days ago those devices will always get the html5 player instead of the flash player, regardless of what you set the checkbox to. In other words, iOS devices should work now.