Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Application Formatting Issue: Line Breaks

I hope everyone is having a great holiday! I am currently filling out an "Activities & Interests" question in one of the built-in text boxes in a law school application form on the LSAC site. I am separating each of my activities with a line break, but when I view the PDF preview of my application before hitting submit, it is apparent that the line breaks aren't processing and instead all of my activities show up as a single blob. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this and force the software the recognize the line break? Does anyone have any insight into whether the PDF preview is an exact replica of what admissions readers will see? Thanks so much for any help!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8454 karma

That is what they see, and you can't insert breaks. Just around with other ways to separate content... I used double colons or numbers, or just rewrote in narrative form, content dependent.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. You should do your best to present the information so a reader can distinguish the information. You can begin each activity with a number and separate the information with ( ) and , and .

1.Activity, your role (month year-month year). Description of responsibilities and achievements. 2.Activity, your role (month year-month year). Description....

Good luck!