Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for those who worked their way to max 5 wrong on LR (per section) with or without a tutor

lakersgirl24lakersgirl24 Member
edited January 2022 in Logical Reasoning 66 karma

Any strategies/tips for improving?

How many weeks did it take you to see improvement whether you solely self-studied or did a combo of self-study + tutor (1-2 sessions) every week?

And on that note, can anyone recommend a tutor that helps you by listening to your reasoning (i.e., for eliminating A/C and picking the correct AC) and telling you where said reasoning is flawed?

Comments

• GarfieldGarfield Member
    32 karma

stop doing new PTs, and work on past ones
    focus on one question type at a time
    go through all types, one by one
    you should see improvement within 2 weeks without a tutor
    (thats how i made it)

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

My answer to your first question won’t be that helpful - I started at -3 on LR.

I can tell you that most of my clients show pretty rapid improvement on LR. Once you learn the basics and we start diagnosing the flawed thinking that leads to wrong answers, LR can improve quite quickly!

As for tutors, I could recommend several! I’m the head tutor for 7Sage, and we have a strong roster of tutors who we’ve trained to do exactly what you’ve described - listen carefully and diagnose the inaccurate thinking. Let me know if you’d like a free consult - I would love to tell you about our program!

Here is our pricing:
    https://7sage.com/lsat-tutoring