Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A third consecutive LSAT test? How bad does it look?

Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
edited October 2013 in General 136 karma
just received my Oct score, had a 6 points jump but still below some of my reach schools' median. I see my improvement and am pretty sure that I can do better if do it one more time. Now my personal statement and everything else is done, so I will be able to concentrate.

Question is, does it look bad in front of admissions committee when they see my score from three consecutive testing date? I know this is a stupid question but I'm a little concerned. There are probably some other test takers just like me who is planning another run.

Still, I am kinda happy for my improvement. Wish you all reached your targeting score! If not, see you on December 7th :)

Comments

• KatherineKatherine Alum Member
    136 karma
    I think if you are confident that you will score higher than your 6-point improvement, taking December might improve your applications. However, there is a 3-test limit every 2 years. So, if you unfortunately don't do as well, there might be that risk. As someone who already has more than 1 score, I'm in the same boat. Good luck with your studying!
  • Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    Thanks Katherine. Are you also considering a 3rd try in December?
  • SirodSirod Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    What do they mean when they say a "two year period"? Do the two years start from when you take your first LSAT or from the January of the year you take your first LSAT?
  • Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    I think it is two years starting from your first take
  • KatherineKatherine Alum Member
    136 karma
    Yes, I'm re-taking in December, too. I didn't end up taking October though.

The 2-year period starts from your first LSAT score. For example, if your first one was October 2013, you can take the LSAT two more times before October 2015.