PT18.S4.Q10 - Almost all of the books published in the past

1230_sunny1230_sunny Member
edited February 2022 in Logical Reasoning 68 karma

Hi! Want to clarify one of the answer choices from prep 18.

I usually don't spend too much time on analyzing specific vocabulary, but this one I need to clarify it..!

For answer choice on q10,
I still don't get 'completely' on (a) being okay.
Normally, when 'completely' appears on other types of questions such as flaw, I would regard it as 100% certainty and eliminate answer choices if there's a chance of showing 99% certainty or below.

In the stimulus, there wasn't any mention whether deterioration happens 'completely'.
Maybe it stops at some point without being completely deteriorated.
I get 'probably' means 'almost all' and this doesn't bother me at all, but 'completely',, am I too obsessed with a single word? Or is it a problem of older LSATs?
Help me!

Admin note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question"

Comments

• ssssdu24-1-1-1-1ssssdu24-1-1-1-1 Core Member
    23 karma

I think you caught it and the 'probably' means the strength of the AC is reduced. Almost all of these books will deteriorate, so if you take any given one of the books, it will probably deteriorate (completely). We can safely say it will deteriorate because according to the stimulus, "every kind of acidic paper gradually destroys itself", and there's no getting around that; deacidification will probably only happen to the significant books.

• 1230_sunny1230_sunny Member
    68 karma

Thanks! Now I get that it'll gradually get destroyed "completely" since there's no chance of getting deacidification. Now I totally understand it:)