Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laser Printer Recommendation

PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 8021 karma
I remember @"J.Y. Ping" makijg a printer recommendation in a comment somewhere but I've been searching high and low and can't find it. I'm sick of this inkjet bullsqueeze and want to get a laser printer but I don't want to end up in a driver war between my printer and MacBook... Any suggestions?

Comments

• bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited July 2015 522 karma
    This is the printer I use: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/printers/SL-M2885FW/XAA

I found it on sale at Staples for $100 awhile back. It connects wirelessly on your network, or you can plug a USB into your PC/Macbook. Also has an app and you can print from your smartphone.

This thing is printing out LG clean copies like a beast without jams hahaha.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    HP Laserjet 1200 series. Never had a single problem with it. Does not print double sided though
  • Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Samsing M2020 is my printer spouse. She always performs perfectly and she only cost me $60!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jamesjentucker said:
    Samsing M2020 is my printer spouse.
    THIS EXACTLY

100% recommend.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 1489 karma
    I was waiting for someone to suggest the M2020. Cheap, efficient, reliable.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    My dad has a "Brothers" office printer (sorry about not having a specific model) that I use to print out the hundreds, if not thousands, pages of LSAT material so far.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I print all the paper at the office :D
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    I bought a well rated Brother printer on Amazon for under 100. So worth it! You can even get knock off cartridges
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14074 karma
    The one we used at the PreProBono office was this one from Brother: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Compact-Wireless-Networking/dp/B00450DVDY

BUT it looks like now it's overpriced (we got like 5 of them for under $100 each) and Amazon says it's an older model so I'm not sure now. Why can't good things just stay good?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I guess it was too good and now it's become a classic... hence the raise in price perhaps?
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    Usually university's have public libraries that you can use to print. When I was a student it was half price, but it's still cheaper than printing at home. Also, staples, Office Max usually have affordable prices. Maybe in the long run the laser printer is cheaper, but I wouldn't know. My parents use a crappy non-laser printer, printer.
    7965 karma
    @alejoroarios said:
    I print all the paper at the office :D
    Ethics :(
    7965 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Why can't good things just stay good?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Twist: printing paper for his entire office is his actual job and has nothing to do with the LSAT.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Twist: printing paper for his entire office is his actual job and has nothing to do with the LSAT.
    Hah ... red herring, you say??
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 2424 karma
    @nicole.hopkins they know and I'm earning the company a lot of money every month so they don't care! And yea, being secretive if you print paper at the office is not recommended.
    I actually study at the office every day after work and everyone knows I plan to apply to law school and start in the Fall of 2016. I figured I'd be transparent about it . The people there were actually pretty accepting and even give me props for it :)